The Power of Crystal Healing

Welcome back my tribe!
        So today I want to share and teach about my passion for crystals and crystal healing. Everyone who knows me personally knows how obsessed I am with my crystals! I nearly always have some with me and love to teach about them and how they work. Now I am not officially certified in crystal healing, but it is something I am working towards. So what I am sharing with you is from everything that I've read and learned and experienced throughout the years. I know when I was first interested in crystals, I was a bit confused on how they worked and what to do with them, so don't worry, I  too was unsure at first. But I am here to help you better understand crystal healing and hopefully get as excited (and addicted ;)) as I am to crystals.
                        


How My Crystal Journey Began

Let me start with sharing how I first got interested in crystals. I was reading a book called "The Soulmate Secret" by Arielle Ford, which is about the law of attraction and finding your soulmate. She mentioned in the book that to help attract your soulmate into you life, you can place a piece of heart shaped rose quartz in the love and relationships feng shui corner of your bedroom. So I excitedly searched for crystal stores in the area. I found this amazing place called The Crystal Cave. I was blown away by all the beautiful crystals and interesting stuff they had. The owner was very sweet as I timidly asked where the rose quartz was, and if they sold smudge sticks. I told her I was trying to attract my soulmate. She was generous and gave me a free piece of clear quartz, saying that it needed it's "twin"...whatever that meant. I was grateful and still have that clear quartz to this day. Unfortunately, the heart shaped rose quartz broke. I was so devastated when it shattered on the hard floor of a Whole Foods that I cried! It was my first ever crystal. I still have the pieces though.


Ever since then, I became crystal obsessed. I must say that the first crystal that I could actually feel the energetic vibration very clearly was selenite. I remember holding it, and suddenly feeling very calm and serene...this is why I consider selenite my favorite crystal. It connects you with the angels, and is beautiful and powerfully relaxing and protective at the same time. The best way I can describe being able to feel the energy of a crystal is like when you stretch your body, when you bend down and touch your toes and you can feel the pulsating of the energy as you hold the stretch. That's energy! And crystals work energetically within you and your environment.

Using Crystals in Feng Shui for Healing





Another pretty cool experience with crystal healing that I want to share is when I started collecting crystals and placing them around my room. I used citrine, amethyst, selenite, rose and clear quartz, obsidian, and others in my space. Within about a year or so, I realized that I was no longer so attached to the past, and I was letting things go and looking excitedly to the future. Before I was using the crystals, I was always stuck in not wanting to move forward because of fear and guilt, and was terrified of change. I feel that the crystals helped heal those parts of me, which helped me to positively move on with my life. And that's what crystals do. They heal those stuck energies so they can be released for healing and moving forward. And since these negative energy patterns were keeping me stuck for so long, it makes sense that the crystals took some time to work, since healing, especially deep healing, doesn't work overnight. And when studying the healing properties of the crystals I was using such as citrine and amethyst, I totally believe that they helped me transform and heal in a big way.
                                

So the general way that crystals work is like I said, energy. Everything is energy. They do need to be within your energy field. So a room would be within your energy field. And the larger the crystal, the more energy it has. For this reason, you need to keep small crystals close to your body, preferably touching the skin, or in your pocket. This is why I keep my crystals in a mesh bag inside my bra. Everyone makes fun of me, but hey it works! So the ways you can use your crystals is by placing them by your bed, using them in feng shui, keeping them in your car, putting them in your pocket. The energy will work and heal, depending on which crystal you have and its healing properties. Its also important to have the intention to work with it and develop a relationship with your crystals. They have living energy inside of them which you interact with and vice versa- they are not just some plain stones with no purpose.

                                 

Cleansing Your Crystals

        So the next very important part of crystal healing is cleansing and clearing your crystals. Just like how you can absorb someone's bad mood and negativity, so can your crystals. Whether you keep them on your person or in your living space, crystals can and do absorb negative and unwanted energies. Especially if you use and wear them on your body daily. So, it's important to cleanse them of these energies regularly. When you get to know your crystals and get used to how they feel, you will be able to intuitively tell when they need a cleansing. If you are unsure, I would do it anyways. Luckily, there are many great ways to cleanse your crystals. I have to say that my favorite ways that I find the most effective include: putting them on a selenite charging plate in the sun for a day, sage, and brown rice. When you place your crystals on a selenite charging plate, it not only clears their energy, but also recharges their energy, especially with the powerful cleansing rays of the sun. This is my favorite and most effective method.

                             
                                Crystals on a Selenite charging plate in the sun (above)

        

If you need to quickly cleanse your crystals, timeless sage is always an effective way to clear the energy of anything, even your crystals. Simply hold the crystal in the smoke of the burning sage for a few minutes, with the intention to clear it, and when you feel it is cleansed, then you are done. The brown rice method I found when I discovered I had ruined several of my crystals by cleansing them in salt water...the salt scratched and deteriorated the polished surfaces of a few of my pieces! Although I was new to crystal healing and wasn't aware that you are not supposed to put some crystals in water, I was very disappointed when I found they were ruined, so I wanted to find a way to cleanse all of my crystals at once without having to worry about that. So I found that you can put your crystals in or on top of some organic brown rice overnight to cleanse them also. My crystals love this method! So I recommend this,...just make sure the brown rice is organic, and do not consume the rice when you are done, since the negative energy gets into the rice and you would be putting all of that into your body.
         A lot of people love to leave their crystals out to be cleansed when its a full or new moon, so that is another method. I actually like to have my crystals cleansed BEFORE a full or new moon, so I can use their energies on the day of the moon for maximum healing and manifesting, since the energies of moon amplify what you feel and will manifest quickly.

Here are the other methods you can use to cleanse your crystals:

  • Cleansing with intentions with the energies of your hands
  • Burying them in the earth for 24 hours or longer
  • Cleansing them in the ocean
  • Placing them in household plants for a few days
  • Putting them in a bag with a bunch of carnelian stones (carnelian has the ability to cleanse other stones)
  • Praying to God, the Universe, or Archangel Michael and Raphael and asking them to clear and recharge them
Crystals with a singing bowl (above)
  • Using sound healing, such as using a singing bowl or place near speakers of energy cleansing music
  • Placing them in direct sunlight or moonlight
  • Placing them on or in organic brown rice for 24 hours
  • Placing them on a selenite charging plate in the sun
  • Smudging them with sage
  • Place them under running water for a few minutes
  • Putting them in a salt water solution for a day

So those are some of the many ways you can cleanse and charge your crystals. Do whatever you feel is best for you and your crystals... everyone has their own preferred methods- there is no wrong or right way.


My last piece of advice is to communicate with your crystals. They are not your mindless slaves. They are living energy and you work together, so always treat them with respect and thank them for their energy and assistance in your life. At this point in my spiritual journey, I now have the ability to listen to what they are saying to me in return. They communicate intuitively, so don't ignore them! Your intuition exists for a reason, and no, you are not going crazy. It's all energy. The book that I highly recommend, that I resonate with and learned most of my crystal information is from Judy Hall's "The Crystal Bible".



       
 So this was a general overview of what crystal healing is and how it works, along with my personal experiences. I really hope that you enjoyed and learned a lot from this! Please feel free to leave questions in the comments and let me know what your favorite crystal is. I would love to hear. Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope to see you on the next blog.
Love and light,
Rebecca

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Following Guidance with Manifesting

The Best Protective Crystals

Channeled Message From Mother Earth